Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ms. Libbie "Folk" Linton

I heard the name as I waited to hear Fictionist play at Sammy's Rexburg, but, I didn't mean much to me. She was opening for the popular band and since I had never heard of her I decided to grab something to eat next door. when I came back she was just finishing her last song. She seems like a meek humble girl. She was passionate while singing and I could tell she loved what she was doing. I was disappointed I missed it. After that unfortunate event, I decided to look her up.

Libbie Linton has a unique and subtle loveliness to her music. She is a n American folk indie artist. In reading her short autobio, she says that "early influences led to a proclivity for progressive folk themes and for writing unique, memorable, and literate songs."

Linton began performing at overcrowded house shows while in her early college years. Eventually, this led to 2006 home recording of 7 songs, packaged one-by-one in sewn cases, titled “The Shackleton EP”. Since the Shackleton EP was released, Linton has further developed her own idiosyncratic style. She toured with Fictionist and was a wonderful touch to their more indie rock style concert. From what I saw, she was singing for the love of music, not the love of fans. Her easy flowing vocals run perfectly with the simple folk style instruments she chooses to use.

As I continue to study her and her music, I can recognize a passion in her voice. With time, I think that passion will broaden her fans around the country.

Her chill and fun personality is a plus to her music. You can find out about what she is up to what get to know her better by visiting her blog: http://libbielinton.blogspot.com/ . You can also find her on Facebook, and on her website: http://www.libbielinton.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment