Saturday, November 6, 2010

Quirky and Sweet-The Perfect Blend


I first heard Mindy Gledhill, as I’m sure many Latter-Day Saint music lovers did, when she came out with her album Sum of All Grace. I remember my family would listen to her every Sunday, sometimes even all day, just her, on repeat. She was one of the few artists that we could actually do it with. We fell in love with her light and honest voice in which she carried the music as if on a cloud with her sweetly airy voice. The songs were unique, yet still so sacred and beautiful. She was a family favorite. I remember I didn’t think it could get much better than a new Sunday album. Until I found out she produced more than just Christian music.

My mother came home excited about the new CD she just purchased, Feather In The Wind, and immediately played it throughout the house. It was so different to hear Mindy singing fun pop/indie music, yet she still had the same beauty and innocence in her voice that I loved. 

I had a chance to hear her when she came to perform at Sammy’s Grand Opening.(http://ericarphoto.blogspot.com/2010/10/sammys-grand-opening-mindy-gledhill.html) She was so great! So quirky, so friendly and so full of spunk and happiness. It was great to watch someone really love what they do. Not only that but her second album, Anchor, was even better. Her unique yet beautiful songs were a perfect blend. She describes herself as an “Indie singer songwriter that will leave you floating like a scoop of vanilla cream in a strawberry soda”, and I couldn’t agree more.

Something that amazes me even more is the woman herself. Mindy is a self released artists, strong in her religion, and also a mother and a wife. It was clear she had a good head on her shoulders when she kept her family a big part of her live performance in Rexburg. She would recall fun memories, talk about her love for them and even more, sing about them.

Mindy Gledhill is becoming popular in the greater Utah/Idaho region but I’m sure if indie music lovers from around the world listened, they would fall in love. Her personality and image is quirky and sweet, and her music is easy and fun. Similar artists are Skylar Stonestreet, Ingrid Michelson, Priscilla Ahn, Regina Spektor, and Ingrid Michelson.Find out more about Mindy Gledhill on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mindy-Gledhill/23178133045?v=wall#!/pages/Mindy-Gledhill/23178133045

No comments:

Post a Comment